- Sep 19, 2019
the Owner of a parrot needs to watch closely behavior of the pet as on it it is possible to judge health of the feathery friend. It is hard to distinguish a disease in an initial stage, but symptoms of a serious disease are shown within one day.
Should examine attentively the pet, paying attention on a podkhvostya — at a healthy bird it clean without eye dung traces — normal clean, live and without slime a condition of a horn beak — sign of health when it smooth, without cracks and stratifications a condition of horn scales standing — ideally smooth, thin and brilliant.
On behavior a healthy parrot is active and vividly reacts to a surrounding situation, willingly bathes, sings or makes other characteristic sounds. The sick bird is usually suppressed, oppressed, sleeps in the afternoon, having hidden the head under the aegis, refuses a forage, does not clean the feathers.
Signs which have to guard you
- Slackness, drowsiness.
- Lack of appetite.
- the Tousled feathers.
- the Complicated breath.
- Mucous allocations from a nose.
- Outgrowths on paws or a klyuvika.
Is important to help in due time. At parrots a fast metabolism, and even 12 hours of refusal of food can lead to a lethal outcome. Therefore, having seen similar symptoms, immediately address the veterinarian.
Information which will help to save the pet
to make the correct diagnosis, will be required to the veterinarian information on your parrot. Try as it is possible to answer more precisely and most authentically the following questions:
- Where and when the parrot was acquired.
- How many years to a bird.
- Conditions of keeping (a cage or the open-air cage, the single or contains with other birds, physical activity, etc.)
- What you use a forage whether there are in a diet vitamins and nutritional supplements.
- When the first signs of an indisposition appeared.
- What the parrot was ill earlier.
- To whom contacted recently whether brought a new bird to the house.
At an easy form of a disease you will be able to give drugs to a parrot, adding it to a forage, water or digging in directly in a beak. The main thing — is strict to observe instructions of the veterinarian. More serious diseases can demand injections: hypodermic, intramuscular or intravenous.