- Mar 16, 2019
- Dec 4, 2018
Almost all aelurophiles dream to possess the largest cat breed. Therefore as a result of laborious selection work several types which some representatives surpass many dogs in weight were removed. The cost of big cats quite high, nevertheless many owners can brag of presence in the house of fluffy tender giant.
Big domestic cats insignificantly differ from the smaller fellows.
But leaders among them nevertheless are available:
- Savanna. The largest breed of big cats in the world removed in the USA in the eighties of the 20th century by crossing of a wild shrubby cat (servat) also the Egyptian cat. The adult male weighs 15−20 kg, and height of 60 cm in withers. Animals reach peak of the size at the age of three years.
- Maine Coon. The breed is removed more than 150 years ago and before emergence of the savanna was considered as the hugest breed of cats. The body weight of cats varies from 10 to 15 kg, height in withers — 41 cm, and length, including a tail, is 120 cm
- Chauz. Rather young and big hybrid of a cane cat and Abyssinian cat removed in 1995. The approximate weight of an adult cat is 14.5 kg with a height of 40 cm in withers.
- The British short-haired. The breed exists more than 100 years. Especially hit and brawny British can weigh up to 12 kg.
- Siberian. It is removed in Cisural area and it is considered the best selection work of the Russian felinologists. The breed was recognized in 1990. The body weight of certain individuals can reach up to 12 kg.
Turkish van . The most ancient breed of domestic cats with semi-long wool and a well-muscled body. Adult individuals weigh from 6 to 9 kg. Length from a nose to a tail tip — 90−120 cm
- The Norwegian forest. Semi-long-haired breed which average weight is from 5 to 9.5 kg. Gained official recognition in 1977, it is widespread in a northern part of Europe. It is externally similar to a Persian cat.
- Ragdoll. It is literally translated as "a rag doll".
Representatives of breed differ in calmness and quietly take out a tiskanye of small children. Average weight is from 5 to 9 kg.
Three more small
Rating, of course, conditional as growth and weight of any cat are individual.
Breeds more small leading, but are larger than standard:
- of Piksi-bob . Fruit of work of the American selectors similar to a tiny lynx. The weight of cats is from 3.6 to 5.4 kg, cats — 5.4−7.7 kg.
- Kuril bobtail . Appearance it is similar to a lynx, especially a color and a short tail pompon. The homeland are the Kuril Islands. Cats are much larger than cats and weigh up to 7 kg.
- Chartreuse . The breed not of the biggest cats called so because in the Middle Ages it began to be parted in the city of Chartres. It is recognized around the world, except England where it is considered a kind of the British cat.
Weight fluctuates from 4.5 to 6 kg.
Of course, the largest are wild lions, cheetahs and leopards. The breed of wild representatives of cat's family, is not enough what different from domestic cats:
- Ocelot. The sizes of representatives of this look impress. The Polovozrely cat weighs 16 kg, his growth reaches 50 cm
- Serval. The most graceful and the look winning first place on spring ability. The pussycat is capable to jump of height up to 3 meters. Lives in the territory of Africa, but perfectly adapts to life in bondage. About 18 kg weigh with a height of 65 cm
- Speckled cat. The second name cat fisher. The weight of representatives of this look up to 15 kg, growth — 41 cm
- Gold cat. An area — the woods of the equatorial Africa. Males weigh up to 14 kg, height of 50 cm in withers.
- Far East forest cat. The weight of certain representatives reaches 6 kg, and height of 35 cm in withers.
All domestic cats — both big, and small — full members of family therefore before acquisition of a kitten it is important to consider all features of breed: character, temperament, rules of leaving and contents.
Families with small children are recommended to choose nonaggressive pets that the cat did not put a trauma to the kid.