- Sep 17, 2019
- Dec 7, 2020
about such disease as "pitomnikovy cough". The disease is caused by the viruses and bacteria striking upper airways.
As a rule, catch pitomnikovy cough of a dog from each other. Infection can occur at distance up to 2 meters.
Main symptoms of pitomnikovy cough: sneezing and cough.
Who risks to ache with pitomnikovy cough most?
- Puppies and elderly dogs.
- Healthy dog whom the owner brought to unusually long walk (for example, usually 15 minutes a day walk, but decided to go to two-hour walk).
- Participants exhibitions, trainings, competitions.
- Dogs in nurseries.
- Dogs on overexposures and in zoohotels.
How to treat pitomnikovy cough at dogs?
- Symptomatic treatment.
- Antibiotic apply only if necessary. Moreover, in the first days of a disease, if at dogs the good appetite remains, application of an antibiotic is not recommended. Many dogs recover also without application of antibiotics.
How to prevent pitomnikovy cough at dogs?
- To vaccinate dog. It is possible to vaccinate puppies from 1 month. Vaccination is carried out 1 time in year. Vaccine does not guarantee against infection, however reduces weight of a state and reduces disease time.
- To avoid communication with obviously infectious dogs.
- To stop occupations in group if someone from dogs sneezes or coughs.