- Sep 21, 2019
- May 26, 2019
About the help to homeless animals is told and written today much therefore public opinion about work of overexposures consists generally of rumors and conjectures. There are, at least, 7 myths about cats and dogs shelters which people perceive as a basis of activity of these organizations. And here is how the situation actually is, it is necessary to understand in more detail.
Work of any organization for the help to stray dogs and cats has to bring to
benefit. Kindness is a basis of such activity.
Unfortunately, not all people up to the end understand the principle of work of shelters for animals therefore quite often there are various myths connected with maintenance and care of pets in organized overexposures:
- Animals get there from the street therefore all of them sick and infectious. This statement is not absolutely right. Really, the majority of cats and dogs are picked up on the street and the state of health at many leaves much to be desired. However before the pet gets to the new owner, he is treated surely and sterilized.
- All animals not purebred . Mongrels and underbred cats in overexposures and the truth the majority, but quite often there it is possible to meet also thoroughbred representatives. Usually it is pets whom former owners for various reasons refused.
- Animals constantly are in cages therefore become aggressive . The period when shelters were forced by cages, passed long ago. Today keeping of animals free walking across the territory practices in spacious open-air cages, or or. Also for socialization of dogs they are walked by volunteers on leads on streets.
- If do not find an adult animal owners within three months, then lull them. It is a lie. Adult animals can be in overexposure a long time. Only old and sick cats and dogs are subject to lulling to slip.
- Shelters contain on donations therefore all animals there hungry. Of course, the main income is donations. However most such organizations have constant sponsors. Usually it the enterprises which look after overexposures.
- animals from a shelter have no affection for the person . This statement is partly right. To cats and dogs who carried out the most part of the life on the street such concepts as fidelity and love to people, are unfamiliar. It is rather even on the contrary — they are afraid of the person. But at good leaving and care even from such animals tender and devoted pets can turn out.
- To take an animal from a shelter, one desire suffices. It's not true. Workers will never give the ward to the stranger from the street. Future owner previously will check whether he is ready to responsibility for a cat or a dog and whether he has suitable conditions for her contents. And also will check at first as the animal on the new place adapts.
As is shown by practice, the majority of the facts about bad keeping of dogs and cats in shelters really are myths. For this reason is not necessary are afraid to take an animal from overexposures, sometimes it is much cleverer and more devoted than the dear thoroughbred fellows.