- Mar 16, 2019
It is good when the pet is healthy and cheerful. But unfortunately, cats sometimes are ill. For example, problems with an urinogenital system are widespread. Not to risk life of the favourite pet, it is necessary to understand in time that at a cat an urolithic disease. 5 main symptoms will help to distinguish it.
Symptoms of an urolithic disease
The urolithic disease often occurs in pets, even those who are not sterilized and are not castrated.
can lead many factors To its emergence: improper feeding, including incorrect dosages of a forage, excess weight, low physical activity, low-quality water, infections or genetic predisposition of an animal.
As usually at least one risk factor is present, it is necessary to watch of a cat over health and to see a doctor at the following signs:
- Any disease affects mood of the pet . He can become sluggish, apathetic or on the contrary, irritable and aggressive.
- the Main symptom of an urolithic disease — a problem with urination . It becomes noticeable that it causes to a cat discomfort — the animal mews, complaining; can be curved and accept unusual poses. Also the pet begins to urinate more often or less often usual, in places improper for this purpose. Sometimes in urine blood or sand are noticeable.
- the Cat often licks the genitals . So the animal tries to facilitate unpleasant feelings from the sand passing through an urethra.
- Temperature of a cat can increase by degree , to 39.5−40 C. Normal it makes 38−39 S.
- the Stomach of the pet increases , is condensed as outflow of urine is complicated and the bladder is crowded.
If urinary tract are corked with a stone, then the cat will cease to urinate in general. Such situation is followed by intoxication, the shown extreme weakness of the pet, vomiting, refusal of food, temperature drop up to 35−36 S.
In this case it is necessary to address urgently the veterinarian, otherwise the cat can die from a rupture of a bladder or the accruing intoxication.