- Feb 26, 2019
the Tail of an animal is continuation of a backbone. At cats its length usually is 25−28 cm. This part of a body has surprising flexibility and hypersensibility.
Besides, she is capable to give mood of the owner. Everyone who wants to understand better the pet needs to know about what tell the movements of a tail of cats.
the Carried-out functions
The tail is an important part of an organism of cats. It performs such functions:
- Maintaining balance. The cat can climb dexterously roofs and trees, but sometimes animals slide off and fall. In flight cats level position of a body, moving all parts of a trunk. It allows them to land on paws. Besides, the tail helps to keep balance at movement on a branch or narrow eaves.
- Wheel. When the animal runs, it is capable to change the direction sharply. In this case the tail is responsible for transfer of the center of gravity. It is especially important for successful hunting.
- Thermal control. To cool the organism during a heat, the cat can have a rest in a shadow and wag a tail; when there comes cold weather, animals close them a nose and paws not to allow a frostbite.
Watching the favourite, it is possible to learn in what mood it stays.
indicates Each provision of a tail a certain spirit of an animal.
So, if tail of a cat:
- A pipe — the cat in good mood, is happy with life and is glad to see the owner.
- It is lifted and rocks in one, in other party — the animal is ready for active games.
- It is directed up and shakes — most likely, in the house there are a lot of people, and the cat wants to attract attention the owner.
- At right angle — the favourite stays in doubts.
- It is lifted, the tip of a tail is bent — need to stay alone.
- It is located parallel to a floor surface — manifestation of favor.
- Knocks on a floor — irritation or readiness to rush on production.
- It is lifted and fluffed up — a fright, the protective reaction which is shown at the sight of danger.
- It is extended and lowered — vigilance.
- It is clamped between hinder legs — the cat was frightened and is ready to retreat.
Having learned these gestures, it is possible to approach an animal, to begin better to understand it.
For cats the emotionality is peculiar .
They do not hide the feelings, and the owner can learn mood of the pet, having looked at position of his body.