- Jan 13, 2020
- Feb 21, 2019
the Tail, certainly, serves as decoration of a cat, especially, if it is about long-haired breeds. However the nature is too rational to present to the living being any part of a body just like that. If in detail to consider what function is performed by a tail of a cat, then it is possible to learn that the range of application of this shoot is quite wide.
Scientists did not find out up to the end full range of the functions assigned by the nature to this part of a body of cat's.
However observation of animals allowed to come to the following conclusions about advantage of a tail:
- This part of a body helps cats to keep balance that can be considered on the example of wild predators which are forced to change unexpectedly the direction of the movement in a pursuit of the victim. When the lion or a cheetah does sharp turn, the tail at the same time deviates to the opposite side, helping to avoid a drift and not to lose speed.
- When falling from big height by means of a tail the animal lands at the same time on all four paws. The mobile appendage makes sharp twitchings that allows a cat to control the situation in air . At tailless breeds this role is undertaken by the extended hinder legs.
- It is the tool for expression of emotions and readiness for action. By means of signals of an additional part of a body cats communicate with the relatives and with the person.
- The body helps cats with regulation of body temperature . During a heat the animal uses it as a fan, and in winter time to reduce losses of heat, the small animal is displaced by a ball, covering with a tail the muzzle and paws.
- At last, continuation of a backbone serves as entertainment and a toy for a cat. It is often possible to observe how the animal plays with own tail, being turned and making jumps.
the Tail part of a body is supplied a large number of the nervous terminations and muscles.
It consists of segments of a bone bone with a cartilaginous layer between them and has extreme mobility and flexibility.
To understand mood of a cat, rather attentively to look narrowly at movements of a tail part of his body.Scientists by experiments established to
exact value of cat's "sign language".
Here about what tell various positions of a tail:
- is lifted vertically — friendliness;
- hardly noticeable movements by a tip — manifestation of curiosity;
- twitching — vigilance, discontent;
- sharp moves here and there — strong irritation;
- motionless horizontal position — readiness for the attack;
- is lowered and drawn in — a strong fright;
- knocks about a floor — the small animal is angry.
Tailless cats should express the mood by means of other tools.
In communication with people and the relatives they give signals the movements of the head, an eye, ears, language, a nose and also actively use sounds.