- Jan 13, 2020
- Sep 17, 2019
influences the sizes and physiological maturing of cats many factors. It depends on breed, the state of health, leaving and conditions of keeping. That the owner of an animal and in what case it is worth addressing the expert has to know – we will tell in this article.
At all all differently
The maximum size the animal is reached at full formation of a skeleton. To establish when growth is stopped, it is necessary to look at the pet's weight, length of a body, extremities, the skull size. There is no uniform answer to this question, all breeds different. Small (manchkina, bambino) and average (Angora, Abyssinian, Siamese) cats grow to 12-14 months. And big breeds (Maine Coons, Bengalese) grow up to 2.5-3 years.
Has value and a sex of an animal. Many females at whom there came puberty time (7-9 months) stop in growth or grow, but not much more. And at males this process can continue 6-7 more months, and sometimes more.
It turns out that growth and weight of pets of a different floor can differ. For example, the British cats females by 1 year gain no more than 5.5 kg, and cats – from 7 kg and above, and grow up to 2.5-3 years.
On what depends growth?
The expert cannot precisely answer too what the cat will grow up as his development will long last. But nevertheless growth depends from:
- heredities. To define what will be a kitten, it is possible if his parents are known. Small cats and cats usually have children with small sizes;
- floor. A cat usually there are less cats on the weight and length of a body. Besides, at the first the stop of growth occurs earlier;
- breeds. The Maine Coon is capable to grow up to 3 years. Small breeds grow by 1 year;
- qualities of contents. The homeless animal usually more small in comparison with house. The last usually always more in weight also have stronger immunity;
- sterilizations or castrations. Such procedures promote an increase in weight. Their growth after operation is capable to stop, but gradually it increases;
- food. Growth depends also on a variety of a diet. At healthy nutrition of a cat are capable to reach the normal weight;
- existence endo-and ektoparazit. If at an animal inside or on a body bloodsuckers live, then it slows down its growth. Food of helminths happens to the help of blood and the pet tissues. They absorb many nutritious components which are required for normal development. Fleas have the same action;
- diseases. The cats who are often exposed to a stress with endocrine diseases, usually have the smaller length of a body and weight in comparison with healthy pets;
- hormonal means. For example, tablets which suppress sexual hunting at cats used at early age, can negatively influence growth.
Can influence the sizes of an animal as one factor, and a little. Growth of the representative of any breed depends on them.
How to improve growth?
At a stop of growth and weight it is desirable to address the veterinarian. The reasons of a problem can be in a hormonal imbalance. To define it and to register treatment only the expert is capable.
That the cat normally grew, the following effective measures are applied:
- a variety of a diet, if food same, as at people. It is impossible to give soups or sausages to a cat. It has negative effect on a condition of a stomach and also leads to appearance of avitaminosis. It is desirable to feed the pet with meat, an offal, sea fish. Vegetables, cereals and fermented milk products are also useful. Vitamins C calcium are necessary for a cat. It is only previously important to consult to the veterinarian. If the animal eats store forages, then goods of a premium class – the balanced food which includes all valuable components are necessary;
- performing prevention of parasites. Many insecticidal and degelmintny means are suitable for kittens 2 months are more senior. You should not give the chance to worms and fleas to take away health of an animal.
Precisely it is impossible to establish the term of growth of cats. Growth can stop also in 1 year at the polovozrely pet, and in 2-3 years at big breeds. If growth does not change, then you should not panic. It is desirable to address the veterinarian who will advise that it is better to make in this case.