Feeding of a bull terrier — a question responsible. It needs to be solved still before the puppy appears in your house.
On a photo: puppy of a bull terrier
the Power supply system of dogs differs from human therefore to feed a bull terrier with waste from a table — not the best choice. You can feed a bull terrier with a dry feed or "naturalka", the choice — only for you.
1. When choosing of a dry feed consider a way of life of your pet ("sofa" or exhibition), mobility (the quiet homebody or the active athlete), age. It is better to stop on sterns a premium or a superpremium class. Follow instructions of the producer on packing.
2. If decided to feed a bull terrier naturalkoy , it is necessary to calculate the daily need for food correctly.
Weight of a bull terrier
Daily need for food
food Volume for a bull terrier
2 — 3% of the weight of a dog
400 — 600 гр
600 — 900 гр
that everything is individual. Take activity of a dog, a way of life, age, fatness into account. For example, if the bull terrier began to grow thin or get fat, respectively, increase or reduce a portion.
3. The amount of meat (rigid beef (not cutting), chicken or a turkey) has to be not less than 70% of a diet of a bull terrier. That is if your pet eats 900 гр food in day, it is necessary for him 630 гр meat. Meat is recommended to be given to crude. You should not cut it on small pieces.
4. An offal (a hem, lungs, heart) is germinated surely (2 — 3 times a week) instead of meat, however by quantity they have to be 1.5 — 2 times more, than meat. An offal is given crude, but cleaned. It is possible to scald them boiled water and to leave in boiled water for 2 — 3 minutes.
5. Bull terriers are inclined to obesity therefore do not overfeed them.
6. Bull terriers quite often suffer from food allergy. Therefore new products are entered extremely carefully and gradually. Surely trace a condition of a dog. If the allergy nevertheless developed, in turn exclude suspicious products from a diet to reveal allergen. Sometimes transfer of a bull terrier to hypoallergenic dry feeds becomes the best option.