- Dec 2, 2019
in general, Australian shepherds (auss) differ in good health, however there are genetic diseases to which they are predisposed.
- Cataract. This disease not necessarily is hereditary, however if at an Australian shepherd the bilateral, steadily developing cataract — most likely, this genetic disease.
- the Progressing retina atrophy.
- Wrong bite (having a snack, недоскус, cross bite, nepolnozubost). This defect can be eliminated by prevention in cultivation of Australian shepherds with similar defect.
- Autoimmune diseases at Australian shepherds can be dangerous. It люпус, demodekozny itch also tireodit. However only the predisposition is descended, and there will be a disease or not, depends on living conditions of a dog.
- Diseases of a cardiovascular system (heart failure).
- Diseases of kidneys.
- Australian shepherds of a red color sometimes badly feel under direct beams of the sun.
- Dysplasia of coxofemoral joints. For Australian shepherds X-ray on detection of a disease is obligatory, however the dysplasia still occurs in this breed quite often. But early diagnostics allows to slow down development of a disease and to help to lead auss the most full-fledged life.
- Epilepsy. This disease is most often shown at the age of 8 months — 6 years.
If you noticed the guarding symptoms (lameness, slackness, loss of appetite, etc.) at an Australian shepherd, as soon as possible address the veterinarian.