- Apr 7, 2019
the Collar — the most important accessory in life of a dog. Not only health, but sometimes and the pet's life depends on it. Of course, the visual appeal matters too, but on the first place always safety.
Cynologists allocate 6 councils for the choice of a collar for a dog which will help to buy qualitative and reliable ammunition.
The size — the major parameter. From too free collar the dog will be turned out sooner or later. The close accessory does not allow to breathe normally, rubs, presses.
If the pet large, under a belt has to go in two fingers if small or average — one.
The form depends on the size, degree of activity, type of wool of the favourite. For example, the thin belt crashes into a neck of a mobile dog, and metal rivets will bring down magnificent wool in a valenok. Allocate three main forms of walking collars:
- the classical flat belt approaches in most cases, business only in the choice of suitable width and weight of ammunition;
- "herring" with expansion in the central part it is ideal for dogs who actively pull and pull a lead;
- round section or a seam are chosen outside by the owners protecting the pet's fur coat from koltun and bald spots.
the Lock has to be absolutely reliable, a ring for fastening of a lead only tselnolity . It is extremely important as it is about safety of the pet.
is suitable For large dogs a classical belt fastener more, Fostex — a plastic latch is more convenient for average and small.
Quality and comfort
The Ryvkovy chain, парфорс or "строгач", the halter — such collars can be chosen only after consultation with the cynologist. At first sight it seems that with their help it is easy to bring up and control a dog. But without special skills the situation will only worsen, up to tragedies.
Without training the dog can be walked only in a usual collar and a muzzle if it is necessary.
it is important that material of a belt was wearproof , suited the pet and maintained a tension at the moments of peak activity.
in general there are no frankly unsuccessful options — all have minuses and pluses:
- the genuine leather stitched in several layers suits large dogs. Grows coarse on a frost, rubs a thin gentle neck of borzois, Italian greyhounds;
- tarpaulin suits average dogs, but is not too reliable for strong dogs — can burst at a tension. Gets wet, sometimes even grows mouldy;
- metal is good for training and decorative collars, but not for every day. It is heavy, heats up during a heat and becomes ice on cold;
- nylon — almost eternal material, very strong, does not get wet. But he crashes into skin of large dogs and often is left in the basket because of a plastic fastener, unreliable for the athlete.
Before the final choice captiously estimate the general quality of ammunition . The sticking-out threads, a curve seam, an unpleasant smell, shaky accessories — occasions to refuse purchase. The collar is checked for durability, having pulled in the parties: if obviously stretches, it will serve not for long.
But belt has to be elastic that to the pet it was comfortable to carry an accessory.